Compliance systems are becoming a necessity in every company that cares about credibility towards business partners.
We help entrepreneurs in the introduction of compliance systems that facilitate navigation through the complicated and dynamic business and legal reality. Our support focuses on effective advice to ensure compliance of the business with the law, internal regulations and ethical standards and accepted standards of conduct. We advise on risk management and how to best match the structure, business processes and profile of the organization. On the one hand, we indicate how to reduce the risk of legal sanctions, financial losses, loss of reputation, secure the continuity of business, and on the other hand, we help to strengthen the competitiveness and market position of enterprises.
We help in creating consistent compliance systems, taking into account individual customer expectations and the specificity of a specific industry.
The scope of our consulting within the Compliance specialization includes:
COMPANY AUDIT AND RISK ANALYSIS
Audit is one of the most important elements of the implementation of the compliance system, it allows you to assess the condition of the organization in terms of regulatory conditions and identify all areas of risk. Risk is an inseparable element of doing business. When making business decisions, an organization should be aware of the risks associated with a given decision.
As part of our audit services, we focus primarily on:
- setting project objectives and key values and conditions of a given organization;
- a thorough assessment of the effectiveness of existing compliance programs;
- auditing the existing procedures, resolutions, regulations, etc.;
- identification and estimation of compliance risks;
- identification of offences that may be committed in connection with the activities of the enterprise.
The result of the legal audit of the company's operations is a detailed report that contains a description of the facts, its assessment of compliance with the law and recommendations and guidelines on the remedial measures to be taken to eliminate or reduce the possibility of certain irregularities in the future.
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE COMPLIANCE SYSTEM
Depending on the needs, we implement a compliance system in either of the two forms: basic and comprehensive scope. In each case, we indicate the key aspects of compliance, ensuring that the organization operates in accordance with the law and ethical principles, also taking into account the requirements of the relevant ISO standards.
In the procedures, we indicate not only who is responsible in the organization for the area of compliance, but also indicate the rights of such a person and reporting paths. As part of the implementation, we deal with m.in creating or updating and supplementing:
- verification systems of contractors (suppliers / customers);
- internal documents on business ethics (e.g. code of ethics, procedures in the event of a conflict of interest);
- internal policy of conduct;
- optimal corporate governance solutions;
- anti-corruption regulations;
- non-competition and confidentiality agreements;
- anti-discrimination procedures;
- the procedures for reporting breaches by whistleblowers;
- procedures for dealing with law enforcement inspections;
- crisis management procedures.
Increasingly, organizations also decide to implement an IT system supporting compliance management in the organization (CMS, Compliance Management System) or to a limited extent – IT systems for managing reports of irregularities (so-called whistleblowing system). We support our clients in choosing the most effective tools.
COMPREHENSIVE EMPLOYEE TRAININGS
Raising employee awareness is one of the most important elements of effective implementation of the compliance system. Trainings that we offer are practical and based on the analysis of specific cases. Depending on client’s needs, we offer both short expert training and comprehensive training tailored to the needs of the organization.
As part of the training, we offer inter alia:
- trainings and workshops dedicated to given groups of employees (e.g. purchases, sales, legal department);
- trainings to the Board or Executives;
- workshops devoted to selected compliance issues (e.g. verification of contractors, counteracting discrimination);
- development of a training plan tailored to the needs of the organization.
ONGOING SUPPORT OF COMPLIANCE UNITS
A well-implemented compliance system requires regular reviews and audits, as well as updates due to changes in the law. The frequency of testing depends on the scale and object of the company's activity and should be included in the compliance system cycle.
As part of our consulting services, we offer ongoing support in the area of compliance. We also represent Clients in proceedings before the enforcement agencies, public administration bodies, in criminal and civil proceedings. We advise in the course of inspections carried out by control bodies (so-called dawn raids).
OUTSOURCING OF THE COMPLIANCE OFFICER ROLE
Compliance Officer should be included in every structure of the organization. If the organization does not yet have a Compliance Officer or does not plan such a role in its internal structure, then we recommend the outsourcing option.
As part of outsourcing the Compliance Officer function, we offer m.in:
- implementation of all obligations resulting from the compliance model adopted in the organization;
- support for current topics in the field of compliance management;
- reporting to the management board;
- implementation of tasks resulting from the compliance plan.
REPORTING VIOLATIONS - WHISTLEBLOWERS
A comprehensive compliance policy also requires the creation of a whistleblowing system, along with dedicated channels of complaints and regulations regarding internal investigations. The scope of our advice in this area includes primarily:
- giving opinions on the solutions adopted in the organization regarding reporting irregularities;
- creation and implementation of early warning systems (e.g. whistleblower, ombudsman, hotline) tailored to the needs and specifics of a given entrepreneur;
- the receipt and verification of reports of irregularities;
- support in the assessment of reported irregularities;
- conducting internal investigations (permanent outsourcing or according to the order);
- development of an emergency action plan and recommendations for remedial and corrective measures;
- support in creating materials for internal and external communication;
- support in the selection of the most effective IT systems managing reports of irregularities (so-called whistleblowing systems, whistleblower systems).
The introduction of the Compliance System in the organization is a process that in effect brings measurable benefits. It reduces the possibility of the risk of financial sanctions for members of management bodies, for example, and also protects against reputational damage. In the long term, a well-established compliance culture means strengthening the company's image on the market and increasing its value. It is also a profit in the form of loyalty of business partners and employees, translating into increased sales and, consequently, a competitive advantage.